A list of five "must read" reference books every Systems Administrator/Systems Engineer professionals should have in their collection!

Why you should have these five books in your collection if you are an I.T Professional



Let't face it, there are many books out there aimed at entry and mid level I.T professionals. The big question is, how do you know what books you will actually be able to use and will not collect dust on your bookshelf? In the first entry to the "new" Labyrinth, I will be exploring five of my favorite reference books, that you can utilize time and time again, without the need to dig around on Google and search countless manuals in order to find a solution to the problem that you may be facing. I narrowed down this list of books, based upon reviews that I have read on the Internet and ones that I have personally used as a reference, that will provide you with the material you are looking for in order to accomplish solving a particular I.T problem. You may agree or concur with the list! I am always looking for feedback, let me know by commenting or contacting me directly. I have narrowed down the list and bulleted each to make it easier to access.


A list of the five books System Administrators/Systems Engineer professionals should read and use as a reference



Without further ado, here is the list that I came up with in no particular order:  
  • Windows Server 2012 R2 Unleashed by Rand Morimoto, etc. 
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 Unleashed by Rand Morimoto, etc. 
  • Unix and Linux System Administrators Handbook 5th edition by Evi Nemeth, etc. 
  • TCP/IP Illustrated, Vol 1 2nd edition by Kevin R. Fall & Richard Stevens  
  • Computer Security 4th edition by William Stallings & Lawrie Brown

I feel that each of these books "covers" what every Systems Admin/Systems Engineer professional should know and helps to solve a lot of problems that will encounter on the job. I have neglected a lot of books, in favor of a more simplified approach, but if there are any books that are not on the list that you would like to see, please contact me and let me know. I may continue to expand the list at a later time and explore books in other area's that might be useful for those getting I.T degree's or certifications, as the "new" Labyrinth progresses into the future. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns and like this entry please let me know in advance. I look forward to hearing from you. I hope everyone has a good weekend. I will be be back soon with a new entry, more then likely next week! Thank you for reading the second entry to "new" Labyrinth and stay tuned. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encoding Opus files in Linux with opusenc for your own collection and HTML 5

Encoding Vorbis files in Linux using oggenc for your own music collection and HTML 5

Transcoding H.264 files to Google's WebM format (VP8/Vorbis) in FFMPEG 0.6 or better using Linux for your own collection and HTML 5