Welcome to the "new" home for Labyrinth on Blogger!

History of the "original" Labyrinth and how we go to this point 


I want to welcome you all to my new "home" on the web. My previous blog was located at http://www.defendingthetruth.com/blog/2-the-labyrinth/ In the span of over just two years I was able to eclipse, well over 100,000 viewers to that blog! When I first started this project back in December of 2010, I was happy, when I had just received all of, but 2,000 views in span of about three weeks! I had no idea that I would be sitting here two years later pouring over the 1,000 or so weekly visitors a week that I get to the original Labyrinth! I have covered various topics in so many different areas, that's going to be difficult to "replicate" all of the great entries that I had written about previously in the past two years. I am going to attempt to import them over to this blog, especially a lot of the tech entries, so that a lot of individuals can continue to use those as an excellent reference! I am also going to continue to use references at the bottom of each entry, which I feel are an invaluable tool for documenting and exploring some topics more in depth. 

Why I decided to move the Labyrinth to Google and some other questions


I decided a couple of months ago, that since I had reached over 100,000 views and was averaging about 1,000 viewers a week, I wanted to host the Blog on Google, so that I could obtain "real-time" stats and figure out the "audience" that I was reaching (I simply could not do this, where my blog was hosted over on the server due to restraints). My goal in the future and moving forward is to write about the same great topics that my readers had come to know and love, whether it's providing information about the latest and great in technology or discussing the latest advancements in the new field fields Computer and Intellectual Property law, to discussing my quintessential top five lists of some of my favorite personal an leisurely activities. I am also hoping for "real-time" interaction with my readers and being able to answer "specific" questions about some of the topics I may discuss in depth. It also helps that I can reach audience members via mobile devices, which are becoming and more and more essential in the future! Some of the "new' widgets on here, will also help me to gain more feedback. 

Concluding remarks 


I want to thank all of "previous" members from my other blog for visiting and I hope some of the "new" readers to this blog will stay, especially if you like the topics that I am writing about! I look forward to interacting with you all and feel free to "follow" me and keep up to date on the latest and greatest topics that I will be writing about each week. Who knows? Maybe some "best of" topics will show up from my previous blog that I feel people find interesting on a "day to day" basis. Until then good luck and godspeed! I will be back soon with new entries for the "new" Labyrinth. If you need to contact me for any reason feel free to get in touch. Take care everyone and thanks for reading! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encoding Opus files in Linux with opusenc for your own collection and HTML 5

Encoding Vorbis files in Linux using oggenc for your own music collection and HTML 5

Transcoding H.264 files to Google's WebM format (VP8/Vorbis) in FFMPEG 0.6 or better using Linux for your own collection and HTML 5