A list of five "must listen" to 80's rock/pop albums the defined the decade!

Introduction



I have decided to "mix" things up a bit and discuss my other favorite past-time in this weeks first blog entry "music". Today, I am going to be taking a break from I.T and I.T law subjects that I have been hammering home, over the last few entries. I will be discussing a list of "five" must have albums that I believe IMO "defined" the 1980's, that you must must listen to, if you enjoy various genre's of music in general. These were handcrafted from my own personal collection! enjoy. You may agree or concur with the list. Without further ado, here are the five albums that I came up with handpicked!


Five 80's Rock/Pop albums that "defined" the decade



  1. Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982) - Michael Jackson second solo album with producer Quincy Jones that has sold over 50 million copies worldwide, making it the single best selling album of all time! 
  2. Prince - Purple Rain (1984) - An album based around the fictional movie that made Prince Rogers Nelson a "super star" overnight. It included a number of hits, including "When Doves Cry", etc.  
  3. Journey - Escape (1981) - An album that included Journey's super-hit "Don't Stop  Believin'", "Who's Crying Now", etc and included a major world tour, with frontman Steve Perry, Neil Schon, Jonathan Cain, etc in 1981! 
  4. Foreigner - 4 (1981) - Lou Graham and Mick Jones third album from 1981. It included a number of hits, such as "Jukebox Hero", "Waiting for a Girl Like You", and "Urgent". 
  5. Billy Idol - Billy Idol (1982) - Billy Idol's first self-titled album, after breaking up with Generation X. It spawned a number of singles, including "White Wedding" and "Dancing with Myself". 


Conclusion



Those in my opinion were the top five albums that "defined" the 1980's. You may agree or concur. What's on your top five list if you enjoy music from the 1980's? What other albums charted, but never received any substantial success? Let me know! Leave me comments below, message me, or connect me with me if you are on Google. I am always interested in hearing from you! I will be back in a couple of days with either a new music entry or unrelated I.T entry. I hope everyone has a great work week. I also hope that if you enjoy these albums, you buy them at your local music shop or stream them on ITunes, Spotify, or Google Music! Take care! ;-D.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encoding Opus files in Linux with opusenc for your own collection and HTML 5

Encoding Vorbis files in Linux using oggenc for your own music collection and HTML 5

Transcoding H.264 files to Google's WebM format (VP8/Vorbis) in FFMPEG 0.6 or better using Linux for your own collection and HTML 5