Fifteen or more "must listen" to Definitive Deep & Tech House productions you need to hear on Spotify

Introduction



I promised an entry on more law stuff, but because it requires a substantial amount of information and time to write, I am putting that off for another couple of weeks. Also, I "redesigned" the layout template, so that it's much "cleaner" looking! In today's brief post, I am going to be sharing the recent "collaborative" playlist that I created on Spotify. If you are a user who enjoys listening to EDM (Electronic Dance Music) and are interested in more of the "underground sound", rather then faux paux commercial stuff that is played on the radio, you will definitely appreciate this playlist. It's a blend of Deep House and Tech House. Briefly, Deep House has been around, since the early 90's and consists of usually deep resonating bassline, "soulful" vocals, shorter track lengths (on average of five minutes), and a mid-tempo BPM range around 118-122 BPM. Tech House usually complements Deep House. It's the opposite and is considered more "minimal". It uses a combination of the percussion from techno (usually short micro-tonal kick-snares) along with exotic basslines, "melodic" percussion, and lead melodies (that are usually written in a half-step minor/major key). It also has a mid-tempo BPM range around 120-123 BPM. If any of this sound exciting to you, then you will need to check out the playlist that I am putting together [1]. It will be up to you determine and decide if any of these productions have any "intrinsic" value. You might like some of them, and you might not. Let me know! Below I am going to my top five favorites from the list of about sixteen or so, that I have created. Some of these productions are new and some of them span about seven years. Enjoy!

Top five favorite tracks from the "Definitive Deep & Tech House" playlist


  1. Oni Ayhun - OAR003-B (Original Mix) (Tech House) 
  2. Hot Since 82 - Pound Your Soul (Original Mix) (Deep House) [Noir Records]
  3. Siopis - Really Love Ya (Original Mix) (Deep House) [Get Physical] 
  4. Will Saul - Mbira (Original Mix) (Tech House) [Simple Records] 
  5. Hot Chip -How Do You Do? (James Zabiela Remix) (Deep House) 

I think that about covers it! Once again if you are an avid Spotify user (and it's available in your country) please consider checking out my playlist [1]. (Note: When you click on the link below, your Spotify client will open up linking you to all of the tracks in the playlist I have created. If there are problems with the link, let me know!) Happy listening! I will be back next week, with a brand spankin' new entry regarding a topic my choice! That's the best part about "The Labyrinth" you never know what you are going to get! I hope everyone has a lovely work week. See you next week! Take care. ;=D.


Reference:



1. Spotify. "Definitive Deep & Tech House"
http://open.spotify.com/user/12401754/playlist/78CYqXYcWwjI28ZGhcce6d accessed 14 Jan 2013. 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encoding Opus files in Linux with opusenc for your own collection and HTML 5

Encoding Vorbis files in Linux using oggenc for your own music collection and HTML 5

Transcoding H.264 files to Google's WebM format (VP8/Vorbis) in FFMPEG 0.6 or better using Linux for your own collection and HTML 5