Why I am proud to be a Bostonian and why you should visit sometime!

Introduction


I first want to apologize for my month long absence, if you are a monthly reader to my blog. Many events has transpired over the last month or so. I was finally able to complete two out of three courses that I started back in January. One of them was collectively referred to as "Legal Aspects of Cyberspace". I took this course in a effort to increase my "legal knowledge" for this blog, and so that I could consult with an expert or someone with a J.D in aspect of the legal field, be it Intellectual Property all the way up to Criminal law! Having this knowledge helps me to help you the reader, better understand legal concepts and how exactly the law works on a case by case basis. In any event, I was happy to complete that course successfully with an A. The other reason I have not had time to update is simply, because my city has come under a domestic terrorist attack as of late. Unless you live under a rock you can see from every "news" media outlet out there, that's been a very rough week for us New Englander's. We are STRONG and RESILIENT though and will bounce back in due time. Having both suspects apprehended by law enforcement finally though, gives the victims of these heinous attacks and their families some closure (even though they can never have back, what was taken from them). When all is said and done, my entry will be a brief couple of paragraphs about why you SHOULD still visit the city and learn about birthplace of America. You may also want to take the time to check out some of the sites and sounds if you are frequent airline traveler.

Some sites and sounds you should see in Boston


When most people in America think of Bostonian's, they think of our thick accents or "colloquial" as they are so figuratively called. Sadly, I myself do not have one (even though I did when I was younger). It slowly disappears with time! Boston ISN'T always about Sports, but many of the pro-sports team are thoroughly ingrained in our culture. Visiting Fenway Park, is always the first on the itinerary for travelers (due to it's storied nature and history). The second "tourist trap" that many people who aren't from our city enjoy visiting is Cheer's in Fanuel Hall! I never actually understood with the fascination with this was, because while the restaurant is conveniently located in Fanuel Hall, the ACTUAL Cheers bar is on Beacon Hill and the bar is half the size, then what you see on T.V!. The third area of interest that you really should consider doing, while you are here is the Freedom Trail. It runs all the way downtown through the city and retraces the "historic steps" our ancestors once took. The fourth reason why you may want to visit and because it's simple you want to go to school here! Boston has been beacon or a guiding light for education for hundreds upon hundreds of years and we still believe in the stepping stones to a Modern Education. The fifth reason is, you like Irish bars and pubs! We have a LOT of them around here. Here are three interesting facts about Boston, that you might have or have not known about the city! (No, I am not using sources here, but having lived in the city hopefully you will cut me some slack about knowing the facts about the place, which I live ;-D).

  1. Boston has more secondary higher education institutions in a twenty five mile radius, then any other place in the world!
  2. Boston is winder then Chicago and Chicago is called the "Windy City".
  3. More tourists and individuals get lost in Boston then any other city in the U.S!


There are some many things that might Boston great, that I simply don't have time to cover them all in this entry. I figured it would be a start in an attempt to pique ones interest in the city that I have come to know and love (even in the wake of deadly terrorist attack). If you get some free time during the summer months or all year round feel free to fly into Logan Airport and don't also forget to tour the surrounding cities, like Cambridge and Brookline! The sky is the limit. Sorry for this abbreviated entry, but I will be back in a couple of weeks with a less personal one. I am physically and emotionally drained, after the events that unfolded this past week. Please bear with me! I SHOULD have some new entries for the month of May, but again if I only write one, it's because I simply DO NOT have any new material to write about. Until then, thanks for reading and I should be back soon with a new entry! Take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Encoding Opus files in Linux with opusenc for your own collection and HTML 5

Encoding Vorbis files in Linux using oggenc for your own music collection and HTML 5

Transcoding H.264 files to Google's WebM format (VP8/Vorbis) in FFMPEG 0.6 or better using Linux for your own collection and HTML 5